The 80/20 Lifestyle
A Sustainable Approach to Healthy Living
In a world obsessed with restrictive diets and short-term fixes, finding a sustainable and balanced approach to healthy eating is like discovering a hidden treasure.
The Essence of the 80/20 lifestyle:
You can have it all
The 80/20 eating lifestyle centers around maintaining a balance between nourishing your body with wholesome,
nutrient-dense foods, moving your body while allowing flexibility for indulgences, taking the time to rest, and,
importantly, enjoying life.
This holistic approach encourages a well-rounded and sustainable way of living, promoting not only physical health but also mental and emotional well-being. It's about finding harmony in your food choices, physical activity, relaxation, and embracing the simple joys that life has to offer.
Unlike restrictive diets, it does not impose strict rules or eliminate favorite foods
Instead, it encourages a mindset shift towards making healthier choices most of the time—around 80%—while leaving room for enjoyment and flexibility—the remaining 20%.
What experts say
Reach your goals with the 80/20 lifestyle
People seeking a healthier lifestyle
People tired of restrictive and fancy diets
People interested in living longer
People that wants to make their own schedule
What is the 80/20 lifestyle?
The 80/20 lifestyle is a sustainable approach to healthy living that centers around maintaining a balance between nourishing your body with wholesome, nutrient-dense foods, moving your body while allowing flexibility for indulgences, taking the time to rest, and, importantly, enjoying life.
What foods are inclued this methodology?
The 80/20 rule consists of 80% of the time eating healthy and fresh food. So you can focus on eating colorful, fresh, non-processed food most of the time, but the remaining 20% allows for flexibility, still allows you to eat that pizza on the weekend, go out with friends, and not only having to order a salad!
Is it possible to lose weight with the 80/20 methodology?
While weight loss isn't the primary goal of the 80/20 methodology, it is entirely possible to shed excess pounds. Embracing a diet that emphasizes healthier, nutrient-rich foods can lead to improved satiety and digestion due to the increased intake of vitamins and fibers. Combining this approach with regular exercise can further enhance your weight management efforts.
How do I start?
You can start it today! You don't need to wait until next Monday or next year. It will be really helpful to plan your week ahead, by preparing the meals or ordering from a health meal prep.
What are the advantages of this methodology?
The advantages are many, but the main one is that it's not a restrictive diet that you feel guilty if you eat a delicious brownie after lunch, because here you're allowed to. The key is that this a lifestyle, not a set diet that you're not able to make your own choices. Your effort will be to establish a routine of healthy meals and exercises if possible, knowing that you can enjoy like with a hamburger and still be on track without the risk of losing it all because of one meal.